May 15, 2010

It's Time


It's time for one of the most exciting and historic events to begin. Every 4 years the best soccer players in the world join teams and battle against each other for the greatest achievement you can reach in soccer. The World Cup Trophy. I had the opportunity to experience the 2006 World Cup in Brazil. Let me tell you, they take soccer a lot differently than the U.S. You think Football and Basketball fans support their teams and are fanatical and crazy? Nothing compares to the soccer fans across the world. I love the World Cup.
The experience in Brazil changed my view of soccer. It is a sport that needs to get more props in America. They don't know what they're missing.
These are the teams that I am rooting for:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soccer is not cool but go USA!!!

Jeff Downs said...

That's what I thought before going to Brazil. I thought it was boring and low scoring. And you could only use your feet so I thought it was a dumb sport. Sit down and watch one of the World Cup games. Soccer is very hard, and the players are very crafty with their feet. They have to be extremely accurate with their passes and shots on goal. It is a lot of fun to watch if you like a chess match type of game. I for one love it.

Anonymous said...

have sat and watched one. Boring!!!
90 mins of snooze. R u really a sport if the only time America cares is during WC. Seriously???