Jun 1, 2010

Take Your Pick

I believe that the Suns are going to try to sign Amare Stoudemire. Money is not the issue here, it's the amount of years. Stoudemire wants more than 4 years on the contract. The Suns are willing to sign Stoudemire to a 4 year deal, but no more. So I believe that Amare will opt out and sign somewhere else. To the highest bidder probably. Then the Suns will try and go after Dirk Nowitzki who will opt out of his contract if he is smart. It will take a lot for Dirk to sign with the Suns. They will have to try to find the cap space to sign him, which means that we will probably lose almost all of our bench. I like the thought of adding Dirk, but hate the idea of losing almost all of our bench. Then if that does not work, I think the Suns will try to go after Carlos Boozer. He is not as expensive as Amare or Dirk, so the Suns will be able to keep most of their bench intact, which is a good thing. I would love this idea because Boozer is a beast on the boards and is a good defensive presence. He can also score. But I am a little afraid of his health. he has missed a lot of time due to injury. I think Amare is the best option, I just don't think the Suns are going to be able to keep him. If none of these 3 options works out, the Suns might consider just rolling with what they have and trying to position themselves for maybe Carmello Anthony in 2011. That would be interesting.

No comments: