Jun 1, 2010

Next Year's Bench



What will happen with the Suns Bench next year? We know that Dragic, Dudley and Earl Clark will be there. Other than those two, who knows what could happen. It all depends on what the Suns do with Amare and who they bring in if Amare leaves. Regardless of what happens with Amare, I think the Suns should try to trade Leandro Barbosa, and should let Channing Frye walk. I love Leandro. I went to Brazil on an LDS Mission and fell in love with this country. So Barbosa being Brazilian makes me like him even more. However, I think he does not fit on this team any longer. I believe that the Suns are headed towards a more defensive oriented team, and Barbosa plays none. I think it is time for them to part ways with him, as much as I hate to say it. I also believe that Channing Frye needs to go. I think is the second coming of Boris Diaw. He will get double what he is making now and become a less than average player. He was never a 3 point shooter until he came to Phoenix. He had a huge slump throughout the playoffs. If we sign him, are we going to see the same Channing Frye with a high 3 point percentage? I don't think so. Add to that, how many bone-headed plays did this guy have in the playoffs? Don't want him! Buyer beware. The Suns need to bring Amundson back. He is a high energy player who is the glue on the bench. I love that guy's heart and hustle. Bring him back.

No comments: